[dropcap]E[/dropcap]xorcism is the practice of evicting Demons or other spiritual beings.
This practice is quite ancient and part of the belief system of many cultures and religions. There are different types of exorcisms.
Exorcisms can be performed on people, animals and places. These rituals are done by people called exorcists.
Exorcisms are usually done for religious reasons. The reasons vary, and the exorcisms can be different based on religions and which exorcists does them.
Created in the 17th century, the Roman Catholic Rite of Exorcism brims with rules, rituals and form.
- Only a bishop trained by the church can perform an exorcism.
- The exorcist must wear specific holy clothing, such as an alb and a purple stole, and say certain prayers and quote Scripture at specific times.
- A rosary, crucifix, holy water, Bible and relics of a saint should be present.
- The exorcist presents holy objects to and speaks directly with the devils in the possessed person.
Signs of possession
- Speaking or understanding languages the person never learned
- Knowing things “that are distant or hidden”
- Ability to predict the future
- Intense hatred of holy things
- Physical strength beyond human capability
Causes of possession
- A curse
- Addictions to sex, drugs, alcohol, etc.
- Dabbling in the occult, black magic or witchcraft
- Proximity to evil places or persons
You may be also interested in :