First published in 2003, Book of Lies was hailed as a 21st century grimoire and instantly became a cult classic. Now reformatted for the next generation of magicians and all counterculture devotees, it gathers an unprecedented cabal of occultists, esoteric scholars,and forward thinkers, all curated by Disinformation’s former “wicked warlock” Richard Metzger.
This compendium of the occult includes entries on topics as diverse and dangerous as Aleister Crowley, secret societies, psychedelics, and magick in theory and practice. The result is an alchemical formula that may well rip a hole in the fabric of your reality:
- Mark Pesce, author of The Playful World, compares computer programming and spellcasting.
- Genesis Breyer P-Orridge, father of Industrial Music and Rave culture explains how samples in a rave song can have magical consequences.
- William Burroughs and the occult.
- Nevill Drury, Australia’s most noted occult writer, tells of Dion Fortune, Austin Spare, and Rosaleen Norton.
- Donald Tyson’s “The Enochian Apocalypse Working” ask if the seeds of the end of the world sown in the Elizabethan era.
- A biographical essay on Marjorie Cameron, the fascinating character from Los Angeles’ occult and beatnik scene.
- Hitler and the occult–Peter Levenda interview by Tracy Twyman.
- Robert Temple on how his book The Sirius Mystery’s, controversial thesis (for which he was ridiculed) was proven by the Hubble telescope twenty-five years later.
- An exclusive Anton LaVey interview by Michael Moynihan, author of best-selling book Lords of Chaos.
- Erik Davis, author of Techgnosis, looks at H. P. Lovecraft’s Magick Realism
- Robert Anton Wilson on Timothy Leary and Aleister Crowley
- Comics genius Grant Morrison offers Magic for the people.
It’s all here and more!
Read Online :
Back to Magick Library
Back to Library