Ronald Hutton (1954– ) Professor of history at Bristol University in England and an authority on the history of Paganism and Witchcraft in Britain. Ronald Hutton studied history at Pembroke College, Cambridge. He specializes in 16th and 17th-century British history.
In the Pagan community, Hutton is best known for his writings on the history of Paganism, Witchcraft, magic, shamanism and the development of Wicca, most notably :
- The Pagan Religions of the Ancient British Isles: Their Nature and Legacy (1993);
- The Stations of the Sun: A History of the Ritual Year in Britain (1996);
- The Triumph of the Moon: A History of Modern Pagan Witchcraft (2001);
- Shamans: Siberian Spirituality and the Western Imagination (2001); Witches, Druids and King Arthur (2003);
- The Druids: A History (2007)