Madame Lalinn is the Kreyol moon goddess: she is the moon herself, the woman in the moon and the spirit essence of the moon. She is a very visible goddess: you’ll find her in the sky at night. Madame Lalinn is invoked to oversee and bless lunar magic. She presides over dream spells and may be petitioned for luck, beauty and fertility. Madame Lalinn will help open the third eye. She is an oracular spirit who presides over scrying: the art of prophesy via gazing into smooth surfaces, usually glass or liquids but moon-gazing may be very effective, too. Madame Lalinn is the matron of magic mirrors and crystal balls.
ALSO KNOWN AS:
Madame La Lune
White candles; lunar imagery; silver charms and beads, white cakes, crescent rolls, white rice, bowls of water, mirrors, pearls, mother of pearl, abalone shells
Make moon water by exposing a bowl of fresh spring water to moonlight. Moonlight infused water has myriad magical uses:
• Place the bowl under your bed to enhance conception
• Bathe in it to enhance beauty
• Bathe magical tools to enhance their powers
• Place a small hand mirror inside the bowl of water face up so as to absorb the moonlight: voila! You have a lunar enhanced magic mirror for scrying
• Add quartz crystals or crystal wands to the water to cleanse and intensify their power
- List of Lwa
- Chang’O, Lady
Encyclopedia of Spirits: The Ultimate Guide to the Magic of Fairies, Genies, Demons, Ghosts, Gods & Goddesses– Written by Judika Illes Copyright © 2009 by Judika Illes.