This sanatorium in the region of Madrid was built in 1941 to treat some of the most serious diseases that were plaguing the civilian population back then, such as tuberculosis, leprosy, polio, fibrosis and lung cancer. It was eventually converted into a psychiatric hospital and in 1995 it closed its doors once and for all. Until not long ago it was possible to go inside, and visitors could find the records and personal objects of former patients. Those who have been there speak of mysterious presences in the corridors, electrical devices that strangely stop working for no reason and doors that suddenly close violently. Many people also claim to have seen lights in the immensity of plants that resemble lanterns walking around.